I have always believed that you don’t have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive and this applies even to applying lipstick. It may seem very easy to apply lipstick on your lips but there are many different ways on how to do it flawlessly, giving you a perfect, smooth crispier look.
The best ways to apply lipstick perfectly is as follows:
- Getting your lips ready
- Exfoliate your lips
- Gently brush your lips to remove the dead skin cells that may be present there to create a smooth surface. You can also rub them gently with a soft moist clothe.
- Moisturize your lips with a lip balm/mask
- Run the lip balm or lip mask through your lips, applying it evenly, and then leave it for some time.
- Remove the lip balm/mask
- The presence of lip balm on your lips will make it too slippery for the lipstick to stick. Therefore, wipe any lip balm present on your lips before proceeding.
- Prime your lips with a foundation
- This will make your lipstick stick while also preventing them from bleeding. Be sure to use the same color that you use on your face, and smile along to fill the cracks.
- Line your lips
- When it comes to the use of a lip liner, ladies develop different opinions. Some women consider not using it while others even prefer to apply lip liner before lip gloss. However, applying a lip liner helps the lip color to look more opaque and last longer.
- Choose a skin toned lip liner to give your lipstick something to stick on. It will see your lipstick distributed evenly. How you outline your lips will determine whether they will look smaller, bigger, wider or narrower.
- Applying the Lipstick
- Choose a lipstick color complementing your skin tone. If you are dark skinned choose a bold color, in contrary, for a lighter skin consider a lighter neutral color. Dark colors always make the lips appear much bigger.
- It is advised to use a lipstick brush for higher definition. Begin right from the center of your lips, brushing gently outward and to the rest of the lips to fill all gaps. Remove excess lipstick by folding a tissue into half and pressing it against your lips. However, avoid sticking the tissue between your lips and pressing it as this will only make the lipstick come off significantly.
- Apply a second coat to give you a lasting and color intensive coat. Use HD powder to make your lip color last longer. Apply it with either your fingers or with the use of a flat brush.
- After applying lipstick, prop your fingers into your mouth and then remove them. This will keep lipstick off your teeth as the excess lipstick will come out with your fingers.
- Use a lip brush to clean the edges of your lips. Choose a concealer that matches your skin tone to give your lips a pretty nice outline. Outline your cupids bow to bring out the natural shape of your lips.
- Add some small amount of shimmer with lip gloss at the center of your bottom lip to add some sparkle to it.
Now that your lips look perfect and you start thinking of lip locking or maybe going out, please try to avoid rubbing your lips just immediately after applying lipstick. Afterwards, always be on the lookout for smeared traces that may be left on your partner.
Don’t worry when your lipstick breaks off, pick up the portion with a clean tissue, melt it under a candle and then put in back down to the base and leave it in a fridge for about 30 minutes.
So the next time you apply lipstick, remember these tips to achieve the perfect look.