Having a great marriage is hard work. Between the every day life/work stuff plus dealing with all the recent teen/tween things, life just gets really busy and you forget to acknowledge the little things.
I don’t know about you but I’m not perfect and neither is my husband. However, something happened recently that shook me to my core and I found myself reflecting on all the amazing things my husband does for our family, how much I love him and how much in love I am with him! (even after 16 years)
A letter to my husband
Here are few things I want to make sure that you know…
1. I could never tell you enough of how proud I am of you. I’m proud to call you my husband and the father of our children. I am equally proud of your commitment to serve our country and what you’ve done to ensure our future!
2. I love that you are such a great dad to our girls! A day doesn’t go by without me seeing a glimpse of you in each one of their personalities’, and it’s awesome to see! (even sometimes it’s a bit annoying , but I love it regardless) They may be younger versions of me but they act just like you!
3. You are my best friend, my lover, and home to my heart. You are one of my greatest blessings in this life! I’ll be forever thankful that you came into my life at a time where I wasn’t expecting it. You taught me how to love unconditionally again.
4. Your dedication to providing for the girls and I does not go unnoticed. Thank you for working without complaint and giving of yourself each and every day.Thank you for supporting all of my goals and dreams and tolerating my endless stream of “projects” and ideas! Especially when I say “hey I’ve been thinking” or ” I’ve got a GREAT IDEA….”
5. I appreciate the little things you do – Rubbing my back at night, making me go to bed when I’m tired, fixing things around the house, bringing me chocolate, leaving little love notes on my computer, watching one of my favorite TV shows (even though you hate it) , listening to me talk about my day… and the list goes on…
6. I want us to be that little old couple sitting out by the lake – holding hands, laughing and joking and have a great time together surronded by our daughters and their families.
7. I love you – yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever…