Well I turned 39 today .. where did the time go ? It feels like just yesterday I was graduating from high school and that was 21 years ago.
Just looking back just 21 years ago …
- I had just lost my best friend in the world
- Was looking forward to a future career in medicine
- I hadn’t met my husband yet
- I didn’t have any kids and no immediate plans for it
- There was no social media – twitter, Facebook , or blogging for that matter
Wow. that does make a girl feel her age. Luckily for me , I don’t act my age .
My grandmother used to say that age was just a number. It’s not how old you are , its how you act and the quality of your life. I didn’t realize how right she was truly was until just a few years ago.
I’m pretty lucky and have been very blessed in my life. Yeah sure I’ve had some things happen that I could have done without. Who hasn’t??
I’m even thankful for those because I believe that everything happens for a reason. I love my life and those who are a part of it.
So far the most important lesson I’ve learned – is to be who you want to be and not what other perceive you to be.